Impotence is the most common sexual problem experienced by mature men. Reporting from Healthline , it is estimated that approximately 50% of men aged 40-70 years show symptoms of impotence at least once during their lifetime. Then, what are the symptoms of impotence that must be wary of? Who is most at risk of experiencing this?
The most common signs and symptoms of impotence
The most common symptom of impotence is the inability for the penis to reach an erection despite getting enough stimulation, or difficulty in maintaining the penis to continue to erect so that it cannot ejaculate and orgasm.
A man is said to experience impotence when all of these symptoms occur regularly, not just once. This then affects the psychological and emotional aspects of men, and causes symptoms such as shame or inferiority, worthlessness or inappropriate, hopelessness, depression, and even loss of sex drive. viagra
Who is most at risk of experiencing impotence?
In general, impotence is caused by something physical about the underlying health problem, such as:
- Heart disease.
- High cholesterol.
- Brain tumor.
- Neurological diseases such as stroke, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s and multiple sclerosis .
- Alcohol addiction.
- Heavy smokers and active for a long time.
- Physical trauma in the genitals or in the spinal cord; for example due to motorized accidents or work accidents.
- Currently undergoing treatment around prostate problems.
- Hormonal problems such as hypogonadism and thyroid problems such as hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism.
- The use of prescription drugs related to certain health problems that can reduce sex drive, such as diuretics, antidepressants, and hypertension medications .
In addition to causes related to physical conditions, psychological factors can also trigger impotence, such as:
- Depression .
- Anxiety disorders.
- Excessive stress because of worrying about her sex performance; Excessive anxiety cannot reach or maintain an erection.
- Prolonged stress related to economic, professional, or conflicting issues with a partner.
In addition, the risk of impotence can increase with age. Symptoms of impotence are more common in older men 60 years and over compared to younger men.
Reporting from the Medicine net , men with low education are reported to have a higher chance of suffering from impotence because they do not adopt healthy living habits. On average due to the lack of knowledge about healthy lifestyles and / or their limited access to healthy food and sports venues.
Hello Health Group and Hello Sehat do not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please check our editorial policy page for more detailed information.